MIT Technology Review, the authority on the future of technology, is seeking a passionate, highly motivated, entrepreneurial sales professional for a high-profile, rare west coast sales opportunity.
Best-case candidate will have established background in selling digital advertising with at least four years of proven success selling direct to brands and to agency channels.
- Individually manage account list with personal monthly revenue goals
- Interface with clients and agencies on a regular basis
- Manage all aspects of a regional sales territory
- Maintain client base, grow existing business and prospect and sell new accounts
Skills and experience:
- Confident sales executive with well honed interactive and integrated ad sales skills
- Established relationships with West Coast agencies and national advertising clients that allow the presentation of cross-platform, integrated advertising opportunities
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to business
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong sales development and account management skills
- Minimum of 4-8 years of online and print advertising sales experience, preferably in a technology or science publishing environment
- Experience with Ad trafficking software preferably DoubleClick DART for Publishers
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
Department/Function: Sales and Marketing
Reports To: Advertising Sales Director
Position will cover the West Coast market and will be based in the MIT Technology Review San Francisco office.
Technology Review offers an intellectually charged, creative work environment with competitive
compensation and benefits through MIT. To apply: please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, job ref. mit-00008856.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
The Assistant Art Director will support the Creative Director and the Art Director on a variety of web, print, and marketing projects.
- Conceptualizing, commissioning, and/or sourcing imagery for daily stories/posts
- Designing/developing charts and info-graphics
- Creating conceptual solutions using stock photography
- Helping layout and code long-form visually-rich digital stories
- Supporting the design and production of editorial projects, including the bi-monthly print magazine
- Supporting the design and production of marketing collateral
Successful candidates will have 2 - 4 years of related experience and a portfolio that demonstrates sharp conceptual thinking and a refined sense of typography. Working knowledge of InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator is essential. We are looking for a collaborative, detail- and solutions-oriented team player who does excellent work under tight deadlines.
Technology Review offers a creative and intellectually charged work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
To Apply: please visit web.mit.edu/jobs, job ref. mit-00051057. Please include a link to your online portfolio and/or personal Web site. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
About Technology Review, Inc.
Technology Review, Inc., an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, is the authority on the future of technology, identifying emerging technologies and analyzing their impact for leaders. Technology Review's media properties include Technology Review magazine, the oldest technology magazine in the world (founded in 1899); the daily news website technologyreview.com; and events such as the annual Emerging Technologies Conference at MIT. Technology Review is based in Cambridge, MA and has office in San Francisco.
Published by MIT and online since 1995, technologyreview.com delivers daily news about emerging technologies and their impact to an audience of senior executives, technology innovators, and opinion leaders. The award-winning site severs over 3 million unique visitors per months and includes daily original content, news aggregation, authoritative blogs, unique videos, and podcasts.